Do our students actually learn what requires for leading their life? Is our curriculum framed with a telescopic & practical approach?
Taking a deep breathe of this question, we strongly feel the necessity of educating life skills to students at schools has become “a must” criteria.
And so, how does training in life skills help young minds?
The following boosts the life skills in the minds & thoughts of students:
- Develops self-confidence
- Helps to deal with significant life changes and challenges – eg. harassment, discrimination, peer pressure, procrastination etc
- Helps them to find inner self & have a voice at school, home and in society as well.
- Directs them towards a positive contribution
- Helps them to get expertise in what they choose
- Gives better experience in analyzing and understand their responsibilities,
Top 3 steps to make students develop the skills:
Benefits & Equalities depend upon people who are:
- Much aware of their rights & responsibilities as citizens
- Really concerned about the welfare of fellow people
- Could clearly articulate their suggestions and opinions
- Most influential with others
- Very active & proactive in their groups
- Highly responsible in execution.
These qualities & capacities need to be taught & learnt by exposure & experience.
Though certain skills can be acquired at home, to become a responsible man at all required domains, life skills should be taught as a blended curriculum as part of the academic program
Impact & Scalability:
Imparting education with life skills helps students’ personal growth, by providing knowledge, skills and social wellness.
It has to be taught throughout their K-12 journey in school. This expands a positive dimension and fosters kindness & humility. This is why it should be made as “a must” criteria in the evolving education system.