Most of us presume that maintaining a work-life balance is easy. Is that true?
Outlining work-life balance involves looking at how employed people manage their time spent at and outside of work. Various approaches an individual uses to manage all their work and life demands establish their work-life balance.
How to manage stress?
- Know your stress triggers
- Think about what value you more and how you want to spend your time
- Act on them to reduce stress
- Practise meditation
- Learn to say no
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly
- Get enough sleep
- Play fun activities
What is meant by work-life balance & when is it said to be good?
Striking a balance between domestic work and office work with zero % stress is known as work-life balance.
A healthy & good balance of life is said to be like “Meeting all timelines at work while still having time for friends and hobbies. Same way we having enough time to eat & sleep properly and not worrying about work when you’re at home”
Beautiful ways for keeping your personal issues out of office
- Use six thinking hats concept – Logic, Emotion, Caution, Optimism, Creativity and Control
- Take up a hobby & keep doing that regularly
- Make time for non-work friends
- Take reasonable breaks
- Set aside time for personal & enjoy with family
- Put your phone away
- Accept that work is part of life
- Communicate openly on likes & dislikes
- Think yourself as a helper sent by the God to this world
- Find your outlet
- Do not take anything to mind
- Never confuse with priorities
- Take things lightly
- Always think “I Can”
Finally, Whatever you do, do it out of happiness and not for happiness
Top 10 work stress management tips for better work life
1. Prioritize objectively
You may have a To-Do list with more than 50 tasks on it, so you need to prioritize those tasks into four quadrants as “Important & Urgent” categories or “VED- Vital, Essential & Desirable”
2. Be Practical & realistic
It is important that at the end of each working day, you need to perform a little self-analysis. Ask yourself what worked today, what didn’t, what went wrong, why and how the issue can be fixed.
3. Know & Play to your strengths
Focus on your strengths. For example, if you’re not an expert at accounts or graphic design, you can outsource them instead of wasting time.
4. Plan some personal time
Personal issues can be tempting to bury yourself in your work. You must not forget to include family commitments
5. Accomplish your time, long term
Plan & create a timeline of your activities.
6. Create your workspace work for you
Working includes getting a comfortable chair, electronic gadgets, etc
7. Hit higher into technology
You can save lot of time using technology by having meetings on Skype or conferencing technologies
8. Take time to make time
Most importantly, invest in time-tracking tools. That way, you can effectively estimate how long your subsequent work task will take.
9. Do what you love & love what you do
It rejuvenates your energy levels and enables you to foster the creative thought that is essential to every individual who loves & lives it.
10. Be able to manage your mind
When fear or self-doubt or anxiety creeps in, do some works on your mental health such as meditation or reading books you love.
All stress icebergs will melt out and keeps you love more what you do by spending time with your loved ones that will lift you up and support you both personally and professionally.